Thursday, November 13, 2008

my president is black. yours is too.


sooo im back. had to get my life together, still haven't quite gotten there... still looking for a full-time job, yeah. say a prayer.

in other news. my president is black! i am a little late, so i can't make that big of a deal, but i feel it necessary to let it be known that there is an extra pep in my step and my nose is a lil higher in the air than it usually is. i am now reading all the hype and aftermath and I am loving it. On election night i was on U street with 2 of my girlfriends and I have never seen anything like it. There were roars after every state was announced, essp. after Pennsylvania and Virginia, then when the announcement flashed across the screen. I cannot explain to you the amount of excitement and happiness that flowed from my head to my toes. I was elated to say the least. A random white woman hugged me as well as this little fly Asian dude. The dj busted out Cameo's "Candy" and as all black people do in times of celebration, we began an intense session of the electric slide that only ended to hear whack ass mccain speak. in my head i was saying " why didn't he say this speech earlier in his campaign?" but i was also happy he didn't because people may have actually considered him... anyway the club turned into a church when President Elect Barack Obama took the stage. That man is wonderful, I swear. Everything he said rang clear for everyone around the world and I choked up when he began his story about the 106 year old woman and how as an african american and female in this country, she was able to vote, essp. because this was my first time voting...
*sidenote* did you all see them lines!! I was telling my friends about the thugs in line waiting to vote... it was wonderful! anyways...

after President Elect Barack Obama (i like saying that in case you can't tell) gave his profound speech, everyone poured into the streets to act like complete fools. It was all in good spirits though. I hate the sound of honking horns but it sounded so good that night! people were hanging out of car windows, slappin hands, wavin flags and signs, standing on the corner clapping and dancing. it was glorious.
now i only have one bone to pick with the obama-haters.... the people who continue to question whether or not he is black or whether this is really a win for african americans..*ahem* excuse the chicken about to arise... well it aint a loss for us got damnit! and how the hell are you arguing whether or not he is black?? have you seen the last 43 presidents?! i dont care if he is light skinned, purple or red, he represents power as another color other than WHITE. it really upsets me when black people want to discredit this election and it shows that the psychological slavery in this country has really taken a toll on the minds of many. first of all you should not need anyone to validate your being, so if you need a certain type of "black" to be satisfied, you are what we like to call ignorant and ass backwards. On the other hand you must also understand the power of his presence and what it says to the world. I believe this should be a time for everyone to reevaluate the power of "power" in the world, what "color" it has been and the effects it has had. Also look at the history or our country and its position in the world for the last 200+ years. After that, shut up and jump for joy and shout for the 44th President of the United States of America, Barack Obama and the First Family.