Tuesday, October 28, 2008

money does not equal class.


So have you seen The Real Housewives of Atlanta? If not, I suggest you take a peek. I knew this would be a mess and I was 100% correct. I watched a couple of episodes and just shook my head, but I had to blog about this particular episode I saw. Now the concept in general is ridiculous because the “housewives” they showcase are just ridiculous. Seriously; and if you know me, you know I am far from a hater. Let me describe to you these characters: “NeNe” who opens the show with “I don’t keep up with the Jones’, I AM the Jones’!” is a washed up hoodrat who lucked up with an old fool who spoils her. For as much money as she waves around, her weave looks like a dead animal. She is unrefined and insists on showcasing her breasts constantly. Clearly something is wrong with you when you buy a $7,000 custom tailored suit for your son to attend Clark Atlanta University….no comment, well I do have a few, lmao. There is nothing wrong with Clark Atlanta, but there is something wrong with you buying a custom suit for him to attend. Anyways…”DeShawn” is a more refined hoodrat, but damn if she aint DUMB. I was huffing and puffing at the screen when tried to put a charity gala together for her foundation and tried to raise 1 MILLION dollars. She invites over 500 people into her HOUSE for FREE and expected to raise; did I tell you? 1 MILLION dollars! -_- and had the nerve to be upset! Like she did not know why!! She is not that much of a socialite where people will just come to your house and drop that much cash!! Who do you think you are!! Ok. Ok let me calm down. It was very noble of her to want to raise lots of money for her foundation whose mission is to “expose inner city girls” to….”better things”. So why weren’t they there!? Of course it was a disaster and half the people in there looked like they had never even seen one thousand dollars, oh and she had stacks of the invitations at local stores….. So clearly she has MUCH to learn. A tragic case of an undeveloped BAP that needs to go to business school. Now the rest of them are not as bad, but crazy characters nonetheless. They are successful and have a lot of money, they have fun and do things that make sense. I still say that for the most part, all of them absolutely have NO CLASS. DOLLARS DO NOT EQUAL CLASS. WHEN WILL MY BLACK PEOPLE LEARN THIS? Your appearance, neighborhood, activities and other material things cannot give you CLASS AND FINESSE which is intangible! It really is embarrassing. Anyway I do get chuckles from the tacky white one who has aspirations to be a country singer and who is in awe at the black women. “He looks like O.J Simpson!” or “Black women age so nicely, I never know how old they are!” It really is sad because everyone thinks that handing black people money and showing them “a better life” will make everything perfect. I HIGHLY DISAGREE. Well I am done ranting about this, please watch the show and feel my pain.

No comments: