Sunday, January 11, 2009

Art is cool.

so maybe i should have or should study art. lol. it's great. i went to the Hirshorn Museum and Sculpture Garden today and it was very cool. other museums are nice but they become boring really fast. this one had paintings and sculptures and videos and exhibits that were various materials, colors and just exciting overall. Soo here are my favs... i was too lazy to document the artist, medium, year etc. so just enjoy and go see for yourself if you wanna know details...

this was scary but interesting nonetheless,; I remember learning about it in art class, it's called The Healer:

This guy was huge!!!

Andy Warhol: Marlyn Monroe's lips

This was the whole length and width of the wall. Wow what if I could have my name in my house like this?

This steel disc was suspended on nylon string only 1/8 inch above the floor

This was an energy efficient light but it was a whole entire room, I wanted to have a photo shoot in front of it.

All the many ways we can look at one thing… cool.

This was cool just because. Simple lamp but powerful statement.

It was a book out of straight pins

A soft bathtub

Andy Warhol


So that's enough, I have more pics but I think you should go see for yourself…these things make me happy!

1 comment:

Ananda said...

glad you enjoyed your visit to the hirshorn. it is one of my favorites. the national gallery of art is great too. yes my dear bap sistalove art is cool. enjoy your weekend.