Thursday, January 22, 2009

President Barack Hussein Obama

I don't know when my excitement will wear off if it ever will. I stood out in the cold ALL day (4am to 8pm) volunteering for the Presidential Inaugural Committee, but it was SOOOO worth it. I was posted at the White House gates and basically had to direct people to their seats in the bleachers. Everyone was so excited, and the spirit was contagious. After the swearing in, it was supposed to be about an hour or so before the parade began but do to the medical emergency with Ted Kennedy, everything was postponed. I really don't think I have ever been that cold. I could not feel my toes for most of the day. But this made it all better....


This of course was the highlight of my day. I saw them earlier before the swearing in when they came from Blair House to the White House but this was so much cooler. I now have a new found sense of citizenship and responsibility. I feel like I am connected to the Government now and need to know whats going on and where I fit in. I hope nothing but goodness comes from this administration and I ask that everyone keep the First Family in their thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Ananda said...

Wow. I am so happy for you. Your volunteer experience will always be with you. Know that you are being prepared for wonderful new opportunities. Peace, Ananda, a BoHo BAP

Heat Styled Natural said...

OMG, everyone was there but me, it seems. ::So jealous:: I had to work.