Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ok mr.west.

Ok I just read Kanye's interview in VIBE Magazine, and I really would like to just go upside his head. Let me say first and foremost that I am a huge Kanye fan and have been so since the Dropout and I loved 808s. Everyone had a problem with his arrogance etc but I ignored it, but as time goes on and he keeps running his mouth, I am starting to get upset. I'd like to ask him "why are YOU so paranoid?" With his blog and his interviews and public statements, it seems like he feels he has so many haters and is being persecuted by everyone and everything. Where is this coming from? And furthermore, why is he giving it so much energy? I am your fan! I buy your albums! I listen to what you have to say! So why aren't you paying us any attention? When I buy a magazine with your face on it, I do not want to read four pages about your feelings about the people who do not agree with you or don't like your shit. I just don't.

It seems like he is going for this "true artist" vibe (which is something that he has already achieved, you don't have to go for it), but it's like he has some warped view of what that really is. As a true artist, you don't get to choose your fans and you cannot disown the ones that do not like every single thing you do, say, wear or create. That's not true art and it damn sure isn't life. When Picasso started cubing shit up and making movements, you think everyone was on board? Hell no, but he did it anyway. In the interview Kanye made the statement: "I'm putting out positive energy". This statement is then followed by: "I believe Beyonce is the greatest performer of our generation. I believe I am the greatest entertainer of this generation. I go neck and neck on Jay Z and Wayne as far as who's the best lyricist. Jay-Z has longevity." -_- ok so if you are putting out positive energy, how does that make everyone who is not Beyonce feel? Everyone that does not think you are the best entertainer of our generation? And everyone who doesn't like Jay Z or Wayne. Now I, as in Katrina may agree with some of those statements, lol. But Kanye seems to think anyone who says stfu Kanye after that statement is "persecuting " him. Or the people who side-eyed him when he said "I don't listen to rap in my apartment". First of all Kanye, stop acting like that's not an odd comment for someone who is a rapper, even if "rapper" has no absolute definition. And if it doesn't have an absolute definition, why do you care so much about what people think!? It just doesn't make sense to me. If you are this artist who is uninhibited by definitions of art,rap,pop, fashion etc, why care so much about people who don't see things the way you do. Like I said, it seems like he doesn't see the people who do like his music. And that pisses me off. Wake up mr. west. Just do what you do and stop saying things lol. And if you have something to say, do it over a dope beat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh... Kanye is getting super annoying. I was such a huge fan but the Martin "Louis" King Jr. references have sent me to the other side. Where are his friends? You know... The ones that tell you to bring it down a notch.